EFN’s Reforestation Grant Program focuses on supporting communities in regaining ecological integrity and enhancing human wellbeing in deforested and degraded landscapes through forest restoration.
EFN is looking for organizations that will use this workshop opportunity to connect corridors, create buffer zones, improve degraded lands, restore watersheds, and expand forest cover while also allowing local stakeholders to connect with nature and become a vested part of a larger conservation program.
To be eligible for a Reforestation Grant, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization must be legally registered in an eligible country.
- Your organization must have a bank account.
- Your organization must conduct reforestation/restoration activities in a WWF-US priority area.
- Your organization must submit all required documents by the application deadline below.
- Your organization must complete all grant activities (including planting) before August 31, 2020.
- The proposed project must include an active learning, practical skill component, or field-based learning activity that builds skills and knowledge for local stakeholders as part of the project activities.
EFN requires all applicants to complete an online application and provide a clear and compelling proposal that must include:
- A summary of the organization’s work to date and major accomplishments
- An overview of the need for the reforestation project including a description of the reforestation site with photos, conservation objectives, and other related project goals
- A detailed description of the proposed reforestation activity including: expected number of trees to be planted and hectares to be restored, tree species selected and why, how climate projections are being taken into account in the research, stakeholder participation, long-term tree stewardship/maintenance plans, and expected conservation gains
- A detailed description about the training program
- A project timeline
- Expected outcomes including: short-term (6 months — 1 year) and long-term expectations (1 + years)
- Method of evaluation — describe how you will measure the expected outcomes
- A CV for the main trainer
- A detailed project budget (not exceeding USD$15,000)
More information: https://www.worldwildlife.org/projects/reforestation-grants
This information is just shared by SOS Biodiversity